Sunday, April 22, 2012

Something About Rainy Days...

I have never been depressed or disappointed when the local weatherperson (excuse me, meteorologist) comes up with a forecast of rain. Never.

There is something about a cool, rainy day that makes me feel secure and happy. If the skies darken and lightning begins flashing accompanied by a tympani of thunder, so much the better. And how pretty are flowers with raindrops perched on their petals?

It's raining today. I'm inside with an elderly dog snoring at my feet, the cat curled up in a ball beside my chair, a "Mad Men" episode on TV, and a book waiting to be opened. If a day could be called perfect...

2 comments:

  1. We are kindred spirits. I love the rain. Anytime I think about "running away" it is to Seattle. Blame it on Sleepless in Seattle or Grey's Anatomy (back when it was good), but I just love all that rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're kindred spirits in more ways than one. If I could move anywhere, it would be to the Pacific Northwest.

      Delete